Morning chickadees! We've Cari Silverwood stopping by today to spill a little about her new release Take Me Break Me. It sounds pretty damn interesting and made my tbr list. So, check out our chat, leave her some love and fill out that Rafflecopter!
Capture fantasies rule her eBook. Re-enacting one in a documentary would surely be irresistible viewing to millions of women?
But Jodie and Klaus discover that underneath an ordinary man dark desires may lurk. What will win in the end? The man and lover, or the monster?
Morning Cari! For our followers who are just meeting you could you tell them a little bit about the type of books you write and about your upcoming release?
I write books with BDSM themes in them. I say themes because although most of my stories have some facets of BDSM, they don’t always stick to what some would call true BDSM but this is partly because I love writing fantasy.
Writing with a fantasy, scifi, or steampunk setting lets me play a little fast and loose with how things happen. I’ve been known to use lust plagues to get my people close enough to have sex.
I guess I have a great love of Dominance and submission in my stories and even though Take Me, Break Me edges close to dubious consent, it also contains some wonderful scenes of dominance or D/s.
Take Me Break Me is a story I wrote because though I love capture fantasies I also love to see the man as the good guy. In a lot of capture fantasy the man sets everything in motion and he’s not exactly good. I wanted to write a story where the hero is an average guy who slowly changes. I wanted to see if I could make readers understand what is happening to him. For that reason I have alternating points of view in this book. I got deep inside Klaus’s mind and stayed there for a couple of months. Fun, yet daunting, because I could subtitle this story, the evolution of a sadist.
Wow. I don't think I've ever read a story quite like that Cari. I'm already fascinated and love that it alternates between their points of view. Alright, so could you tell us 4 fun behind the scenes facts about Take Me, Break Me now that we know a little about it? Think Pop Up Video style :)
- The story is set on an island and that island does exist in Australia. The town nearby is called…wait for it, Townsville. But because that’s a rather boring name I deliberately did not mention the name in the book.
- The spider gag mentioned does exist. But then half of you probably know that anyway, or suspect it. There’s a lot of cool kinky gear out there. If you can imagine it, it probably exists. *aaannndd off to google spider gags...*
- Tiny spoiler. Klaus uses green bamboo to cane Jodie. It’s one of the early scenes. Bamboo is not really the best substance to use as it can splinter and cut you badly. In some countries caning is still used as punishment and it’s pretty horrific the damage you can do with a cane.
- Tim Tams! These are a chocolate biscuit in the story and one of the favorites of Australians. Never ever say bad things about our Tim Tams. They’re on our national flag. :) Truth. I never lie. *oooooOoo I'm so going to have to find these one day!*
Alright, so Take Me, Break Me sounds like it's going to be a pretty intense story. What was it like writing it? Were there parts that were hard for you to get through and actually put on paper?
I had a lot of fun writing the story. The only time I find it hard to write is if the story is boring me. It’s a sign I have gone down the wrong track if I can’t write. The S and m scenes, even the needle play – not a problem. The black moment, which many readers find quite powerful, was also not a problem to write. I like writing intense moments.
One of the things about this book that fascinated me was imagining what Klaus or Jodie would be going through at any particular moment. They go through some very dark times of course, but any scene a reader finds hard or emotionally draining to read, you can be pretty sure I utterly loved writing it. The more pain, joy, death or intensity, the more excited I am to write it.
Think Quick Cari!Thanks so much for dropping by to chat with us Cari! Alright guys... giveaway time!
- leather or lace? Leather – more fun, more weight, more scent even, and so versatile.
- cats or dogs? Hard one. Cats are great to pat and hilarious at times, yet dogs are so giving. In BDSM life, dogs would be submissives and cats switches. I choose cats. *omg Cari I'm dying over this one*
- favorite flavor? Chicken. Roast chicken. Oh, and chocolate. Maybe chocolate chicken?
- strangest food combo you love? lol No, I won’t say choc chicken. Just the classic peanut butter, jelly (we call it jam in Australia) and banana sandwich with toasted bread.
- favorite word?" Leviathan? Or maybe susurration – which is like a soft changing sound, and that makes me think of either a breeze going through a field of corn or a lot of ghosts whispering.
Cari is giving away a $20 Amazon Gift Card as a grand prize for the tour.
All ya gotta do is fill out that Rafflecopter and leave a comment.
Check out our interview with Cari! Do you have any questions for her?
Little bits that made you chuckle or go Hmmm?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Herding Cats & Burning Soup
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
The Muse Unleashed
What's On the Bookshelf
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Passionate About Books
Book Bitches Blog
Queen of the Night Reviews
My Secret Romance
Smardy Pants Book Blog
Love N. Books
The Risque Redhead Reads
Flirting With Romance
A Little Fiction of Every Flavour
Way Too Hot Books
Tattooed Book Review
Sunset Reader Reviews
Romance Book Craze
Hesperia Loves Books
Italian Brat's Obsessions