Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track #1) by Erin McCarthy

Independent single mother Tamara Briggs wanted to find a new, sexy, no-strings-attached man-just not one as young as NASCAR driver Elec Monroe. But he sure does get her heart racing. And after she’s tricked into a blind date with him, Tamara gives in to her passion. Things screech to a halt, though, when he asks to meet her children. Whatever happened to wham-bam-thank-you ma’am? Suddenly Tamara has to decide how much risk she’s willing to take to experience the power of true love.

Type: Contemporary Romance
Heat: 3 out of 5
Rating: 3 out of 5

Well. This one took a little while for me to get on board. For the first few chapters I was seriously disliking our heroine Tamara and was wondering how in the world I was going to get through the book. It all started with Tamara and her friend at a cocktail party more or less trashing the man Tamara was dating. From all accounts he really wasn't all that great of a catch but still I just did not like the way Tamara and her friend were going on about him. She came off shallow and mean hearted. I still really don't see why that part was included in the book. It didn't add much to the plot and was just distasteful. Alright, I'm done ranting. Other than that I enjoyed the book. It was a fun, sweet and sexy read. And I did warm up to Tamara once the first few chapters were over and she was with our hero Elec. 

Tamara ended up being a lovely heroine and I'm glad I stuck it out and kept reading. Tamara's been through a lot in her 32 years. She's been raising two young children on her own since her husband died a few years earlier during a racing accident. She's led a predictable and safe life since her husband's death but all of that changes when she meets Elec and she's left trying to figure out how to move on with her new life. Elec is 7 years younger, a rookie driver and determined to get to know her. The heat between the two of them is scorching and what starts as a steamy one night stand turns into a very sweet romance that brings out the best in both of them. Elec is just a fantastic guy. It's hard not to love him. He's honorable, sweet, dedicated, loves kids and is just flat out sexy. And damn if he doesn't treat her like a goddess and love all of her imperfections. I love how easily he fit into life with Tamara and her kids and that he was willing to take things at her pace.                             

This was my first jump into race car driving and I really enjoyed all of the boys. The drivers were an interesting lot and I loved how they all bantered and teased each other when they were together. More than once I was nearly in tears I was laughing so hard. My favorite scene in the book was a dinner party from hell. It was hysterical. Filled with meddling friends who set it up to get the couple together, snarky exes who still have a spark, pies meeting unfortunate ends, an incredibly ditsy blond groupie that "doesn't eat" and a good dose of inappropriately located sex that was less than stealth. The tension and snark were fantastic. It was just so uncomfortable but in such a good way. Was one of the funnier things I've read this year and definitely made up for the less than stellar start of the book. All in all I really enjoyed book one of the Fast Track series. It was easy to read, touching and full of funny moments with characters that ended up being wonderful and fun to be around.

Amazon | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing what YOU think so come on and leave a comment. Everyone's welcome :) And feel free to leave comments on old posts. I'll check in on you there too :)

Bloggers don't forget to leave your links!
~Anna

The Herd Archives