Friday, May 3, 2013

Interview w/ Madeline Sheehan!

Alright, so yeah, I'm totally fangirling a bit over here. We've got Madeline Sheehan joining us today for a chat. She wrote one of my favorite books this year, Undeniable. If I had to pick one book so far this year to recommend this would be it. Unfuckingbelievable. It's one crazy ass love story and so damn good. You can check out the review... here. Book two, Unbeautifully, comes out June 5th. So excited!

Come on and check out our chat and leave Madeline some love. You know you're curious about the crazy ass women behind the delicious insanity that is Deuce and Eva ;)    ~Anna
Warning: This is not a typical love story. This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime.

Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without.

This is Eva and Deuce’s story.

It wasn’t easy.

Nothing worth doing ever is.
And love is worth everything.
Undeniable

Unbeautifully

Morning Madeline! It's great to have you here. I've got a couple questions if you're ready!

To kick things off... if you were explaining your series to someone who'd never heard of it what would you tell them to expect? 

My Holy Trinity Trilogy I would call a post apocalyptic, dystopian, fantasy hodge podge during which there is a love triangle, a soul mate aspect, Gypsies, magic, and end of the world scenarios complete with evil, blood-sucking, beings.  Crazy, right?  I know, I love it!  *uh, yup, crazy sums that up. can't wait to try it though!*
My Undeniable Series is ugly.  Pain and simple.  It’s crude, raw, gritty and not pretty.  But they are love stories, love stories set in hidden, crime laden, sub-cultures that the average everyday person might not fully comprehend nor want to.  What I try to portray is that even in the midst of extreme ugly and painful circumstances, you can find something beautiful, something worthwhile.

You definitely pulled that off and seriously did me in with Undeniable. It was my first grittier read and I'm completely hooked. What was it about writing this type of book/romance that drew you in? 
I enjoy, no, I LOVE, writing about unknown sub-cultures. I can do some research but most is speculation and I during it all I can let my imagination run wild. The biker culture isn’t known to many and therefore intrigues us all. Me included.
Can you tell us 5 behind the scenes fun facts about the Undeniable series? Think pop up video style.
  • Deuce is a lot nicer than I originally wrote him. Crazy right? HAHA. *daaammnnn*
  • 47% (The *ahem*) Kitchen scene was originally a whole lot dirtier than it ended up being in the published version. I know, I know, how can that scene get any dirtier than it is…? Well, it seems I have a knack for it.
  • Chase dying was never planned. It was a spontaneous decision that happened while writing the hospital scene. 
  • I cried while writing Frankie’s death scene. Horrible ugly tears. 
  • I still haven’t decided who Ivy’s father is. LOL. J/K. No really, I haven’t. No, just kidding… Or am I?
LOL such a tease! So, some things in Undeniable can be a bit, um, controversial? Lord knows my jaw hit the floor a couple times. LOL Were you nervous about putting it all out there? How'd your friends and family take to it?
Was I nervous?  Not at all.  I didn’t think anyone was going to buy it, so I wasn’t nervous at all!  So the backlash I did end up receiving from some unhappy buyers was a bit much to get used to.  As for my friends and family?  My friends love it! And my family…well, my father reads everything I write and he too loved it.  I even have some cousins, aunts and uncles (YES UNCLES LOL) that have also read it and enjoyed it!  I have a great family.  We’re all a bunch of dirty minded freaks.
::snort:: Well at least you're in good company, right?! Love that. Alright, so how true to life are the Hell's Horsemen and the Silver Demons? Are they based on people you know, things you've experienced or research only? If research only would you really want to experience the life for a while?
I have no personal knowledge of Motorcycle clubs that partake in criminal activity.  I’ve known a few bikers and that’s as far as my personal experience takes me.  The rest was research and my imagination.
Okay, back to the controversial bit. Did anyone "in the life" have a problem with the story you created?
So far, the people “in the life” that have contacted me, have been floored on the accuracy of it.  I’ve had the pleasure of talking with quite a few “old ladies” who have commended me, which of course makes me “happier than a pig in shit”.
Oh Madeline. What a visual. LOL That's really awesome though. Were you surprised by how much people loved Eva, Deuce and the world they live in?
No.  I love them.  Why shouldn’t other people?  I can’t be that whacked out crazy…don’t answer that.
*looks around wide eyed and innocently* I would never! ;) Any juicy details you can spill about what's coming next for this group of men and women?
Ripper and Danny are up next in Unbeautifully and after that is Cage and Tegen in Unattainable.  And Cage is his father’s son…  Which will prove very difficult for Tegen and himself.  :)
Ahhh freaking LOVE Cage. Okay, just a couple quickie fun questions then we'll let you get back to writing because I really want that next book ;) Write faster Madeline! Write faster! 

Favorite "oh fuck me I can't believe I did something that stupid" moment?  
Oh god, I have to pick just one?  Story of my life right there…
Strangest thing in your purse right now?
A plastic pirate eye patch. *okay Madeline that's kinda odd right there.*
Best kitchen disaster?
Food fight with oatmeal.  I like to throw food.  People try to avoid being in the kitchen with me. *good. to. know.*
Favorite word?
Douchebag, douchebaggery, douchenoggen, douchenozzle, douche canoe, douchey, douche monkey…  
Favorite kink?
Spanking.  Hair pulling.  Throat grabbing.  Being tied up with my own pants. 
I’m all about the kink.
Craziest moment since becoming a published author?
Becoming a published author. :)
I'm totally freaked the fuck out by...?
Men who wear sweaters.  *shudders*   *okay you may have a point with that one ;) *
Oh, and I’m just going to throw this out there, “Real men drive trucks.  Or ride bikes.”   
Just sayin.

And obsessed with...?
Mike Ness from Social Distortion (triple yum) and getting tattooed.
Thanks so much for coming by Madeline! I'm heading out of town the day after Unbeautifully releases and am so reading it on the plane ride. Cannot freaking wait! 
Thank you so much for having me!


{Enjoy the interview? Leave Madeline some love! And give it a share or two! }


 Madeline Sheehan, a Social Distortion enthusiast and devoted fan of body art, has been writing books since she was seven years old. She is the author of The Holy Trinity ebook trilogy and Best Selling Novel, Undeniable.  Homegrown in Buffalo, New York, Madeline resides there with her husband and son.

"I'm half out of my mind in love with life. The good, the bad, the laughter and tears, it's all worth it just to see another day."





OOo just saw these. Pretty awesome...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing what YOU think so come on and leave a comment. Everyone's welcome :) And feel free to leave comments on old posts. I'll check in on you there too :)

Bloggers don't forget to leave your links!
~Anna

The Herd Archives