Tomato, Vegetable & Bean Soup!
I was looking for something healthy and simple to kick off the new year
and found this yummy soup when I was browsing!
With a bit of crusty bread it was perfect for a cold winter night
and a healthy start to the new year :)
Lots of yummy ingredients. You could definitely add others into the mix too!
**squee** I got to use my new Le Creuset Dutch Oven that I got for Christmas!!
I've got the BEST mom!
Chop up your onion, garlic and carrots into small bits and thinly slice celery.
Saute for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
Add vegetable broth, thinly sliced zucchini, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
I used about 2 fresh tomatoes and two cans of drained diced tomatoes.
Bring to a boil then simmer 15 minutes!
Add beans and simmer 2 additional minutes.
Season to taste and add a chunk a fresh bakery bread
and you've got a delicious dinner in under 30 minutes!
Tomato, Vegetable & Bean Soup Recipe
Total time 30 minutes, serves 4
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T extra virgin olive oil
3 cups vegetable stock
2 pounds tomatoes, chopped (or 2 cans diced tomatoes or a combo)
2 T tomato paste
2 zucchini halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 large carrot, finely chopped
2 stalks celery thinly sliced
14 oz red kidney beans
salt and pepper
- Dice and slice all ingredients.
- Saute the onion and garlic in oil on med-low heat until softened, about 3 minutes
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, zuchhini, carrot and celery
- bring to a boil
- cover and simmer over med-low heat until the zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes
- add beans and simmer an additional 2 minutes
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- serve hot!