Monday, October 15, 2012

Tasty Delights-- Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes


Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters is all about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.

I'll share my delights or my disasters. Yall feel free to join in and create your own posts, share your favorite recipes, what have you. 


Earlier this week I ran across a recipe from Betty Crocker for pineapple upside down cake and decided to change it up a little and make individual serving sizes instead of a regular cake :)

Turned out pretty yummy and so darn cute!


Place a bit of butter in each slot then put in oven to melt. 
Spray tin with cooking spray.
[this is a jumbo sized cupcake tin]

Next.
After butter has melted add 1T brown sugar to each slot. 
Add slice of drained pineapple and cherry.

Then mix up the batter. Beating on low for 30 seconds then on high for 3 minutes.
Pour about 1/4th of a cup over each pineapple slice.
Bake 20-25 minutes


Kinda cute, right? 


A little disaster: The first time I made these I didn't use cooking spray and had to use a knife to get them out [that very first pic at the top]. So I tried again spraying the tin this time. And damn if they didn't slide right on out! LOL. I wasn't careful enough picking the tin up after flipping it over and lost two of the cakes in the process. Still yummy! But kinda a mess ;)  So if you spray the tin be careful!

Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe (for printable recipe click HERE)
Makes 9 servings, Total time: 35 minutes

1/4 cup butter or margarine
2/3cup packed brown sugar
9 slices pineapple in juice, drained (14oz can)
9 maraschino cherries
1 1/3cups all-purpose flour
1cup sugar
1/3cup shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Place approx. 1 1/4 teaspoons butter in each jumbo cupcake slot and melt in oven. (You can also melt the butter separately and add to muffin tins.
  • Spray muffin tins with cooking spray
  • Add 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar on top of melted butter
  • Place one slice pineapple in each slot and add a cherry to the center of each slice
  • In medium bowl beat all remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds.
  • Scrape bowl and beat on high for 3 minutes.
  • Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter over each pineapple slice.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
  • Place a cutting board or platter lined with parchment paper over muffin tin and flip pan over. Leave pan over cake for a few minutes so melted brown sugar can drizzle over the cakes.
  • Serve warm.



Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan :) It's been really hard resisting 2nds ;)

      Delete
  2. They look amazing and they are so easy to make! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly :) They really were so easy just be careful on the flip! lol. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Oh, those are so cute! My mama used to make those often but it's been a while. I'll have to send her this to remind her how much I love them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay. Hope she'll make em for you soon! I just love the mini ones. Always fun when the foods yummy AND cute ;)

      Delete
  4. OMG I am drooling! I love Pinapple Upside Down Cake. And those are so cute.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I so wish I could share them with yall! They're torturing me sitting down in the kitchen. So hard to resist ;)

      Delete
  5. I look forward to your recipes. This one was drool worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them Leah. I love trying out new recipes. Next up is a batch of chocolate cupcakes from one of the Jill Shalvis books I read recently. They sound SOOO good!

      Delete
  6. Oh. My. Gosh! (Drools over the table) They look DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I did a bit of drooling too! They were so darn good :) Alas they're all gone now... ;)

      Delete

I always enjoy hearing what YOU think so come on and leave a comment. Everyone's welcome :) And feel free to leave comments on old posts. I'll check in on you there too :)

Bloggers don't forget to leave your links!
~Anna

The Herd Archives